- Last Updated on Friday, 27 July 2012 11:47
Under the Ministerial Order of 24 August 2011 concerning the national system for air emissions inventories and audits (SNIEBA), as for many years previously (cf. SNIEPA Order of 26 December 2006), CITEPA has had a mandate from the Ministry of Ecology to prepare, compile and publish on its website the different national emissions inventories that France must produce in order to meet its various commitments.
These national emissions inventories concern both greenhouse gases and atmospheric pollutants, and must be produced in compliance with the different formats specified for France's international and European commitments (UNECE, UNFCCC, EU, etc.) and its national requirements (SECTEN, Climate Plan). Cf. also section France and its emission reduction targets.
The corresponding national emissions inventory reports are updated each year. These differ in their content (pollutants, geographical and sectoral coverage, analyses, etc.) according to the institutional framework they refer to (climate change, transboundary air pollution, etc.).
To consult the emissions inventories, please refer to the following sections:
- SECTEN for the national inventory report on atmospheric pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions in France in the SECTEN format (economic and energy sectors) – series per sector and detailed analyses.
- UNFCCC for the French greenhouse gas emissions inventory report compiled for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the Kyoto Protocol,
- UNECE - NFR & NEC for the French atmospheric pollutant emissions inventory report compiled for the Convention on Long-Range Transboundary Air Pollution and under the EU National Emission Ceilings Directive (2001/81/EC),
- LCP for the French inventory report of emissions from large combustion plants under EU Directive 2001/80/EC.
- NAMEA for the report providing air pollutant emissions by economic agent according to the NAMEA nomenclature (National Accounting Matrix with Environmental Accounts).
- OMINEA inventory methodology [link to section III.1.6] for the report concerning the organisation and methods used for national air emission inventories in France (OMINEA). This report contains information on the methodologies applied to produce the above inventories and a description of the national emissions inventory system.