Air pollution and climate news
- Last Updated on Monday, 19 January 2015 16:39
The French Government launched the official website for the 21st Conference of the Parties to the Climate Convention (COP-21) which will take place north of Paris, in Le Bourget, from 30 November to 11 December 2015.
14 January 2015: CH4 emissions from oil and gas sector - Obama Administration announces reduction target and set of actions
- Last Updated on Thursday, 15 January 2015 11:02
The Obama Administration announced a new target to reduce CH4 emissions from the oil and gas sector (production, transmission and distribution) by 40-45% by 2025 (against 2012 levels) and a set of actions to reach this target.
- Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 January 2015 12:20
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) published its 2014 assessment of environmental effects of ozone depletion and its interactions with climate change. This quadriennial assessment was prepared by the Environmental Effects Assessment Panel (EEAP), established in 1989 under the Montreal Protocol (article 6).
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 07 January 2015 10:27
The French National Institute for Public Health Surveillance (InVS) published in its weekly epidemiological Bulletin (BEH) the results of a study on short-term impacts of PM10 concentrations on mortality by cause, age groups and seasons, in 17 French cities in the period 2007-2010.
http://www.invs.sante.fr/beh/2015/1-2/pdf/2015_1-2_3.pdf (article published in the BEV n°1-2 of 6 January 2015)
- 6 January 2015: Kyoto Protocol – France passes Act to ratify the Doha Amendment (2nd period)
- 19 December 2014: EU-ETS – consultation on revision of the Emissions Trading Directive
- 17 December 2014: Environment Council – several key issues on the agenda
- 14 December 2014: COP-20 – conference ends after Lima Call for Climate Action is adopted
- 11 December 2014: COP-20 – highlights from the last day for all outstanding issues to be resolved
- 10 December 2014: COP-20 – the negotiations enter the final stages