Air pollution and climate news
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 October 2014 12:02
Commission Decision n° 2014/746/EU of 27 October 2014 was published in the EU Official Journal. It lays down the list of sectors and subsectors deemed to be exposed to a significant risk of carbon leakage, for the period 2015-2019. It was adopted under Directive 2003/87/EC as amended (article 10a).
27 October 2014: UK – public consultation on a proposal for an ultra-low emission zone in central London
- Last Updated on Thursday, 30 October 2014 12:00
Transport for London, the body responsible for public transport in the capital city, launched a public consultation on a proposal to establish an Ultra-Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in central London in 2020. The consultation ends on 9 January 2015.
https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/environment/ultra-low-emission-zone/user_uploads/ulez-supplementary-information---final-261014.pdf (information document)
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 October 2014 15:42
The European Environment Agency (EEA) published several reports assessing Europe's progress towards meeting greenhouse gas emissions targets :
- Trends and projections in Europe 2014 which assesses progress towards the three main targets in the EU's 2020 climate and energy package,
- Approximated EU greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventory which provides preliminary estimates for 2013. Final data for 2013 will be published in spring 2015,
- Progress in Europe towards 2008-2012 targets under the Kyoto Protocol,
- updated country profiles providing GHG emissions and energy data for the 28 EU Member States.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 29 October 2014 15:39
Publication in the EU Official Journal (L 307) of Directive 2014/94/EU of the European Parliament and the Council of 22 October 2014 on the deployment of alternative fuels infrastructure. The aim of the Directive is to build up refuelling points for alternative fuels (electricity, liquid natural gas, compressed natural gas, hydrogen) in the EU, with common standards for their design and use. The Directive stems from the alternative fuel strategy published by the European Commission on 24 January 2013.
- 28 October 2014: Industrial emissions –BAT conclusions for mineral oil and gas refining
- 28 October 2014: Climat - Environment Council adopted the EU's position for COP-20
- 27-31 October 2014: Climate – IPCC meets to finalise the Synthesis Report of its 5th Assessment Report
- 21 October 2014: Climate – comparison of China and the USA's climate action (Climate Action Tracker)
- 23-24 October 2014: 2030 climate-energy package – the European Council to make a final decision on the proposed targets
- 20-25 October 2014: Climate- UNFCCC negotiating session (ADP Working Group)